Patch 8.2 Rise of Azshara is one of the major content updates in Battle for Azeroth, and with it comes many Secrets and Mysteries to be discovered and figured out by the community.
This guide will be kept updated throughout Patch 8.2 and we recommend you use the table of contents to quickly navigate to secrets that interest you and then click on the related pictures to learn more about each secret.
If you'd like to participate in ongoing secret hunts then you can join the WoW Secret Finding Discord Server.
All you have to do is to take a selfie of you and Fabious with the S.E.L.F.I.E. Camera MkII. Fabious spawns every 2-8 hours around coordinates 25 29 in Nazjatar and slowly circles around the zone before despawning. Multiple people can get the mount as long as they all have the Selfie Camera and take a selfie with him.
- Datamined Quests: One of the Hive, A New Queen, Defender of the Hive, A Defender Emerges, The Usurper, A Royal Awakening
- Datamined Factions: Tidebreak Hive, Tidebreak Guardian, Tidebreak Hivemother, Tidebreak Harvester
- Datamined Spells: Bee Is With Me, Bee Spells, Reputation Turn In Spells
It seems that the mount is not implemented yet, but we can see that it might be related to a reputation grind.
Mrrl's Secret Stash
- Go to coordinates 48 45 in Nazjatar and accept A Safer Place / A Safer Place.
- Escort Mrrl to Newhome or Mezzamere and complete the quest.
- Pick up No Backs and complete it by purchasing items from nearby Murloc vendors.
To purchase Crimson Tidestallion you will need the following items:
To get 1 Hungry Herald's Tentacle Taco you will first have to complete an event where you save Murloco from Naga. This event happens randomly, at 46.3 32.6 in Nazjatar, and if you successfully help Murloco you will be able to purchase the item from him for 666 Gold.
Trading Game Weak Aura
Aegius1r has made an amazing weak aura that tells you which murlocs you should interact with and also buys the required items automatically for you.
You will first have to talk with all the murloc vendors to retrieve what items they selling. After you've talked to all vendors the weak aura will show you a list - follow it and the Crimson Tidestallion will be yours.
Important: Make sure to equip the cloak or disable the weak aura before you talk to Mrrl if you are saving Hungry Herald's Tentacle Taco for some other special item.
The Secret Fish
Pearl of the Abyss
Pearl of the Abyss is one of the new mysterious items introduced in Patch 8.2. Originally it's source was "Drop", however it was later removed.
The item currently appears in the Toy Box which means that it might be a smaller secret and maybe related to the Abyss Pearl.
- Operation: Mechagon comes with a Hard Mode Difficulty and the steps to unlock it for the first four bosses has been discovered.
- The steps to unlock Hard Mode for the last four bosses hasn't been discovered yet, however it's very likely that there might be hidden puzzles or a trigger to start a speed run similar to the one from Nightbane.
- There are two achievement related to the Hard Mode Difficulty: Keep DPS-ing and Nobody Explodes and Hertz Locker.
- There is also a hidden pet with an unknown source: Melted Irradiated Undercoat - Teaches Irradiated Elementaling.
Pepe Robot Costume
Pepe is one of the most beloved and faithful companions in World of Warcraft. Added in Warlords of Draenor, he quickly took over our hearts and became a little celebrity. Nowadays, rarely anyone chooses to venture into new content alone, and with Pepe, you've got a friend with you all the time!
In Patch 8.2 Pepe received a new costume, A Tiny Clockwork Key, which is most likely found hidden within Mechagon.
Tauren and Gnomes Heritage Armor
Since these Heritage Armor transmog sets do not appear in the Appearances Tab until learned, and there are no related achievements for unlocking them, we consider these transmog sets hidden and therefore we have added them in our Secrets Database.
Stratholme Pet Battle Dungeon
- During Stage 7 of the Pet Battle Dungeon a world quest to defeat Fras Siabi may randomly appear. It is unknown how if that's 100% random or if there is a trigger
- It is unknown how to make Postmaster Malown spawn. If you defeat Malown you will get the Malowned achievement and the Burnout pet (Burnout)
- Six pets have been datamined but they haven't been found yet: Risen Noble, Risen Villager, Lefty, Soul Collector, Plagued Mailemental, Wailing Haunt