Death Knight Hidden Artifacts Appearances and Effects
This article will cover how to get the Hidden Artifact Appearances for Death Knights as well as elaborate what their hidden effects are.
- 100% drop from The Soultakers
- Chance to drop from Saurfang, Lich King and The Four Horsemen
https://www.wowhead.com/item=128292/ Hidden Effects:
- A patch of ice will grow at your feet while standing still.
- You will be able to interact with a Memory of Arthas that will be present throughout the Broken Isles:
/way Azsuna 39.4 9.8 Memory of Arthas
/way Val'sharah 67.2 58.2 Memory of Arthas
/way Thunder Totem 50 53.4 Memory of Arthas
/way Stormheim 64.6 46.6 Memory of Arthas
- https://www.wowhead.com/spell=189188/ was the original hidden effect for the weapon, however it was removed from the game during beta. https://www.wowhead.com/spell=189188/ made your damaging attacks have a chance to summon Bolvar Fordragon, Arthas Menethil or Ner'zhul which would give you runic power and/or restore depleted runes.
- NPCs will sometimes comment on your weapon:
Dalaran Citizen says: Those blades... just looking at them makes me feel cold.
Muradin Bronzebeard says: What is this blasphemy, (Player Name)? How dare you reforge that cursed blade, the very sword that damned Lordaeron and its prince? I warned Arthas not to touch Frostmourne, and now I'm warning you: cast those things into the sea before they damn us all.
Temple Priestess says: Those blades you carry... they are cursed. Please, do not bring the chill of death to this sacred place!
- Summoning Army of the Dead has a chance to summon a special NPC https://www.wowhead.com/npc=111101/ which drops https://www.wowhead.com/object=252302/
When this special minion spawns, he will say: "Why have I been brought back to fight for you?" and then give you credit for the hidden quest. The journal tells you about https://www.wowhead.com/spell=225295/ which can be accessed via a secret door in his room in ICC. At the end of his lab you will find Stitchwork, the NPC which you have to kill in order to get the https://www.wowhead.com/item=139548/ appearance.
- Chance on hit to finish off enemies below 20%
- Chance on kill to leave the enemies rotten corpse discolored and swarmed with flies
- Chance to drop from the Withered Army Training scenario from Suramar. It is speculated that you need to finish the scenario with at least 400 points in order to have a chance for the appearance to drop.
- Killing a non-elite humanoid or demon create will give you a stacking 1% damage increase (up to 10%) for 30 seconds.