Hidden Battle Pets in World of Warcraft – Guide
This guide documents Hidden Battle Pets in World of Warcraft, and as such, it acts as a reference hub for secret and mysterious pets found throughout the game.
Nelthara is a secret whelpling battle pet that can be obtained only by level 70 Dracthyr Evokers. To start the questline, move your character to Valdrakken and change its class specialization to Augmentation. To obtain the pet, complete the following quests:
- Our Destiny - Speak with Scalecommander Emberthal at the High Creche.
- The High Creche - Disrupt 4 Essence Collectors.
- Augmenting a Dragon - Help Ebyssian subdue Adamanthia.
Glimr is a secret purple murloc battle pet obtained from Glimr's Cracked Egg. To get the egg, you will have to complete a hidden murloc questline in Grizzly Hills.
Gurgl is a secret blue murloc battle pet obtained by completing a new questline in Eye of Azshara zone.
Level 60 enemies are present throughout the questline, thus it is recommended you complete it with a max level character.
Battle for Azeroth Pets
Baa'l is a Secret Battle Pet that resembles a demonic goat. Baa'l is one of the major secrets added in Battle for Azeroth, along with the Waist of Time, The Hivemind and Jenafur. For the last step of this secret you will also need to get Uuna and complete her storyline.
3. Bring the Annealed Honey Amulet to Rosaline Mildenhall in Boralus. She has a few different spawn points, so make sure to create a macro to target Rosaline. Note that you might find her in a shop where you cannot get into. If that's the case then bind a key for "Interact With Target" (Key Bindings -> Targeting).
/way 51.5 48.0 Scribes & Nobles
/way 55.5 62.5 Goldman's Cafe
/way 58.1 66.3 Inaccessible building
/way 72.4 73.3 Unnamed shop
/way 72.9 73.3 Upper unnamed shop
4. After talking with Rosaline, she will give you a letter which you'll have to bring to Ancel Mildenhall at coordinates 68.8 65.2 in Mildenhall Meadery (Stormsong Valley).
5. Take the quest Bumbles the Bee from Ancel and complete it. You can find Raimond's Secret Ingredient at coordinates 74 73 in Stormsong Valley.
6. After this quest is complete, you unlock the daily quest Let's Bee Friends. Farm eight Vials of Honey Slime, mix them with Raimond's Secret Ingredient which you can find on the table behind Ancel, and then feed that to Bumbles.
Complete this daily quest for 7 days and you will get Bumbles, the secret bee pet!
The Filthy Slime battle pet is learned from the Filthy Bucket which drops from Gol'than the Malodorous in Tol Dagor on Mythic difficulty. The pet is personal loot and not guaranteed to drop, however it is cageable and can be bought/sold in the Auction House.
To get to the secret location and summon the boss follow these steps:
- Enter Tol Dagor on Mythic difficulty and defeat the first boss.
- Clear trash in The Drain and The Brig, and look for a Discarded Cell Key.
- Open the cell marked in the screenshot below, go through the hole in the wall and at the end of the tunnel you'll find the Filthy Bucket.
- Click the bucket to summon Gol'than the Malodorous.
/way Drustvar 67.8 79.3 Idej the Wise
Uuna's Secret Storyline
For this secret the reward is hugs, and the gratitude of a little girl. If you complete her secret storyline, her appearance will also get updated with a doll, wand and flower crown.
The Wicker Pup is a battle pet that is created by several items found in chests located around Drustvar. Simply go to the coordinates and loot the chests, then at the end combine the items to create the Wicker Pup.
/way Drustvar 18.5 51.3 Bundle of Wicker Sticks
/way Drustvar 68.4 68.7 Path start to Miniature Stag Skull
/way Drustvar 67.6 73.6 Miniature Stag Skull
/way Drustvar 25.6 24.0 Wolf Pup Spine
/way Drustvar 55.4 51.5 Spooky Incantation
Sun Darter Hatchling
To get the Sun Darter Hatchling secret pet you will have to loot an Oddly-Colored Egg which is found inside Cavern of Consumption, a hidden cave in Winterspring that has many barriers, traps and puzzles.
Warlords of Draenor Pets
Terky is a Secret White Murloc Battle Pet obtained from looting the White Murloc Egg in Borean Tundra. Terky's original source was from an iCoke promotion in Asia, however, the pet was made available worldwide in Patch 6.2.2.