Jenafur Secret Cat Battle Pet – Guide
Jenafur is a Secret Cat Battle Pet added in Patch 8.2.5. Jenafur is one of the major secrets added in Battle for Azeroth, along with Baa'l, the Waist of Time and The Hivemind.
Update: Jenafur has been solved! If you're already spoken with Amara Lunastar and interacted with the Empty Dish then check the "Karazhan" section below for the solution!
To start this secret find Amara Lunastar at 17.4 49.3 in Ashenvale and speak with her.
/way Ashenvale 17.4 49.3 Amara Lunastar
I have been gone from here too long, I do hope someone is watching after my cat.
> I will keep an eye out for it.
Next you'll have to find Donni Anthania, the Crazy Cat Lady, at 44.2 53.1 in Elwynn Forest and interact with the Empty Dish inside her house. If you don't see the Empty Dish then go back and talk with Amara Lunastar.
/way Elwynn Forest 44.2 53.1 Empty Dish
For the final part of this secret you'll have to go in the Karazhan Dungeon (Return to Karazhan).
Pick up the following food:
- 2 Juicy Drumstick
- 2 Marbled Steak
- 2 Fishy Bits
- 1 Meaty Morsel
- 1 Slathered Rib
Place the food on tiles in the Opera Hall as shown in the following image.
After placing the food on the tiles, Amara's Wish music plays and Jenafur spawns! Click on the cat and the pet is yours!
Thanks to Paul for figuring out the last step of the puzzle. You can check his google doc for the full explanation.
- Thanks to Paul for figuring out the last step of the secret! Check his google doc for the explanation!
- Thanks to Tigger Oni for the Karazhan Interactive Map App and Opera App.
- Thanks to Raere for the Jenafur Journal and The Meat Key.
- Thanks to Kruxx for the food images above.
Miscellaneous Stuff (Archive)
Note: Everything below is an archive for the secret.
If you've talked to Amara, a few things will happen inside the Karazhan Dungeon:
- Two sets of kibbles spawn in the Opera Hall
- 79 Foods and Beverages spawn throughout the Dungeon
- Sebastian's dialogue changes
Once you have talked with Amara, two sets of 4 Kibble can now be found in the Opera Hall from Karazhan.
Karazhan Food and Drinks
A number of food and drinks appear in the Karazhan Dungeon after you've talked with Amara. If you pick them up, they will stay in your inventory for 5 minutes. If you place them down, they will despawn after 5 minutes and 20 seconds.
There are 4 items for each food and drink, with the exception of Meaty Morsel where there are only 3, which brings us to a total of 79 items (20 unique items).
Karazhan Interactive Map App
Tigger Oni and Llanthta made an Interactive Map App for Karazhan Food and Beverages. Check their website for more interactive tools (food ley lines, food shape maker, kibble shape finder).
Sebastian The Organist
If you have talked to Amara Lunastar then Sebastian's dialogue changes in Return to Karazhan. He will also perform a clapping emote when you speak with him.
You can find Sebastian The Organist in the Opera Hall.
Greetings! Behold one of the finest musical instruments in all of Lordaeron. It's a true honor to perform for the Master and all his guests. Take a seat in the audience, I hear a show is starting soon.
Music is truly the key to happiness.
Several hints have been given for the Jenafur secret.
January 8, 2020
Four Kibbles bounce in time, Four Kibbles count the time
March 24, 2020
Kibbles of 4, sets the time, of a 4/4 beat, and defines the lines
May 16, 2020
Only one thing gets a kitty into the right mood, when you open up a can of just the right food
June 24, 2020
Finally you'll just need to set the tune, to find the pattern take a top-down zoom
September 12, 2020
Two piles of treats
Set the 4/4 beat
The rest of the stanza
Is lined up neat
Upon the tiles
You place your notes
Eight morsels make the music
That our musician wrote
Several clarifications have been given in regards to the secret:
- Donni Anthania, her kittens and her house are not part of the solution for the current step.
- The direction of the kibbles near the dish was meant to lead you to Karazhan.
- The secret is friendly to those hard of hearing and color blind.
- You can solo the secret as long as you can clear the dungeon by yourself.
- No pets, toys or previous secrets are required to solve the puzzle.
- Music volume is not required for the solution, but rather the reward. Make sure you have the sound enabled.
Want more hints for Jenafur? Donate to the Fibro Liver Cancer Research and support a great cause at the same time!