Mrrl’s Secret Stash – Murloc Trading Game Guide
This guide covers how to unlock Mrrl and get access to his Secret Stash, as well as how to play the Murloc Trading Game in order to purchase special items such as the Crimson Tidestallion mount.
To unlock Mrrl, go to coordinates 48 45 in Nazjatar, pick up A Safer Place / A Safer Place and escort Mrrl to Newhome or Mezzamere. Once you complete this quest, Mrrl will summon four murloc traders: Mrrglrlr, Grrmrlg, Flrgrrl and Hurlgrl.
In the follow-up quest No Backs you will have to talk to each murloc trader and purchase one item from them.
Murloc Traders' Special Stocks
You can get the cloak from doing world quests and defeating rares in Nazjatar, but you can also purchase it from Finder Palta in Newhome or Artisan Itanu in Mezzamere. Note that one Benthic Cloak costs 5 Prismatic Manapearls and there are four different type of cloaks that you can get, so you might need to purchase quite a few cloaks to get the Azsh'ari Stormsurger Cape.
Mrrl's Special Stocks
While you have the Azsh'ari Stormsurger Cape equipped, you will be able to purchase one additional item from Mrrl.
Items sold by Mrrl change every day and some of them can also appear on the special item table. Here's a list of these items and what they do or turn into when used.
- Crimson Tidestallion - Mount required for Mrrl's Secret Stash
- Unusually Wise Hermit Crab - Grants 75 experience to the targeted guardian
- Severely Rusted Lockbox - Barnacled Lockbox
- Curiously Warm Kelp Bundle - Mardivas reagent required for Periodic Destruction
- Grimy Manapearl Bracelet - 3 Prismatic Manapearls
- Faintly Humming Sea Stones - Scrying Stone
- Strange Coral Cluster - Artifact Power
- Pilfered Armor Crate - Benthic Token
- Shadow-Cloaked Shell - Grants 150 reputation with the Unshackled or Waveblade Ankoan
- Sinister Pile of Sand - Mardivas reagent required for Periodic Destruction
- Unspeakable Pearl Idol - 7 Prismatic Manapearls
- Waterlogged Toolbox - Chum / Germinating Seed
- Ominous Looking Tome - Naga Deployment Orders / Naga Deployment Orders
Acquiring the Crimson Tidestallion
To purchase Crimson Tidestallion you will need the following items:
To get the Hungry Herald's Tentacle Taco, you will have to complete a rare event where you save Murloco from Naga. This event happens randomly, at 46.3 32.6 in Nazjatar, and if you successfully help Murloco you will be able to purchase the item from him for 666 Gold.
/way Nazjatar 46.3 32.6 Murloco Event
Playing the Trading Game
We recommend you use the mrrl.io website to play trading game. Fill in the required materials for your item and the website will show the order in which you should purchase the materials.
You can also use a Weak Aura to automate the trading game, you'll simply have to follow the instructions shown on screen.
Tip: To keep track of the murlocs you can set Marker Icons on them with this macro:
You can unlock the ability to ride underwater mounts in Nazjatar such as the Crimson Tidestallion and Fabious by using the Budding Deepcoral. You can purchase this item from Finder Pruc or Artisan Okata for 5 Prismatic Manapearls.