Phosphorescent Stone Drake – Rare Spawn Mount Guide
The Phosphorescent Stone Drake is a rare spawn mount that drops from Aeonaxx. In this guide we'll go over how to get the Phosphorescent Stone Drake, including a few tips and tricks, spawn points, spawn timers, recommended addons, useful macros and more!
2 - 8 hours
- Reins of the Phosphorescent Stone Drake is obtained after defeating Aeonaxx.
- Aeonaxx cannot be looted on trial characters.
- Aeonaxx can be tagged by your party members, up to 5 people in total, and all of them will receive the Reins of the Phosphorescent Stone Drake.
- You must be in a party of 5 players or less to receive the mount, as Aeonaxx cannot be looted in a raid group.
- Once engaged into combat for 5 minutes, Aeonaxx enrages and gains the Wild Wrath buff. This causes Aeonaxx to gain speed and cast Fatal Bite, dealing 50% max health damage to his target.
/way Deepholm 42.0 43.6 North West
/way Deepholm 43.0 50.8 West
/way Deepholm 49.1 55.6 Center
/way Deepholm 50.5 63.5 South
/way Deepholm 53.7 39.7 North East
/way Deepholm 55.0 54.1 East
- The spawn timer of Aeonaxx is estimated to be around 2-8 hours.
- Aeonaxx shares his spawn timer with Blood Seeker, a level 15 bat.
- Blood Seeker spawns more often than Aeonaxx.
- Aeonaxx can be body pulled and has a 100 yards leash range.
- When Blood Seeker spawns, it will be up for only 15 seconds. Once its body disappears you can safely take a 2 hour break from camping Aeonaxx.
You can target Aeonaxx and Blood Seeker by using the macro below. If Aeonaxx is found, a sound will play.
/targetexact Blood Seeker
/run local N = UnitName("Target");if N and (N=="Aeonaxx") then PlaySound(13363);print(date(),N,"Found");SetRaidTarget("target",8);end
How to Camp Aeonaxx
If you are in a group of 5 people then one person can cover two spawn points while everyone else covers one each.
If you are camping by yourself then that might not be ideal as it's pretty difficult to cover all the spawn points. The recommended spawn point to camp in this case is the Center one.
If you are in a party or want to share the Reins of the Phosphorescent Stone Drake with your friends then make sure that your party is in range of Aeonaxx before pulling him.
To safely tag Aeonaxx at least one person in the party should punch him without having any gear equipped. This way you will not lose the tag to another group or to the opposite faction.
The other people in the party can safely tag Aeonaxx without damaging it by using Red Rider Air Rifle, Fruit Basket or a non-damaging spell such as an interrupt or taunt. If Aeonaxx is still flying then you might want to use a Goblin Glider Kit or one of the abilities listed below in order to survive the fall.
You can enable the option "Auto Dismount in Flight" in Interface - Controls, as that will save you time by making your character automatically dismount before casting.
- Death Knights: Dark Command
- Demon Hunters: Torment + Glide
- Druids: Flight Form + Bear Form + Growl + Travel Form + Wild Charge
- Hunters: Counter Shot + Disengage
- Mages: Spellsteal + Slow Fall
- Monks: Provoke
- Paladins: Hand of Reckoning + Divine Shield
- Priests: Dispel Magic + Levitate
- Rogues: Kick
- Shamans: Wind Shear
- Warlock: Deathbolt or Spell Lock (Summon Felhunter + Grimoire of Sacrifice)
- Warriors: Taunt + Heroic Leap
- SilverDragon - This addon tracks rares and notifies you whenever a target has spotted.
- TomTom - This addon lets you create waypoints to any location on the map.
- Paste - This addon lets you paste unlimited-length text and commands.
You can find groups to camp Aeonaxx in game (Premade Groups - Custom) and in the WoW Secret Finding Discord. To get access to the looking for group channels you will have to select a region in the #get-a-role channel.
If you'd like to be notified of Aeonaxx groups you can also opt into the role by clicking on the Aeonaxx emoji under the "Rare Mounts" row in the same channel.
- Thanks to Strel and Ginali for the Aeonaxx updates from Patch 7.3.5 (new spawn points, 100 yards leash range & enrage timer).
- Thanks to all the mount collectors and farmers for sending us feedback and updates about Aeonaxx every patch.
- Thanks to all the wonderful people that share mounts with other players.