Time-Lost Proto-Drake – Rare Mount
The Time-Lost Proto-Drake is a Rare Mount added in Wrath of the Lich King that drops from the Time-Lost Proto-Drake. In this guide we'll go over how to get the Time-Lost Proto-Drake, including a few tips and tricks, spawn points, spawn timers, recommended addons, useful macros and more!
Wrath of the Lich King
- Reins of the Time-Lost Proto-Drake is obtained after defeating Time-Lost Proto-Drake.
- Time-Lost Proto-Drake cannot be looted on trial characters.
- Time-Lost Proto-Drake can be tagged by your party members, up to 5 people in total, and all of them will receive the Reins of the Time-Lost Proto-Drake.
- You must be in a party of 5 players or less to receive the mount, as Time-Lost Proto-Drake cannot be looted in a raid group.
- Once engaged into combat for 5 minutes, Time-Lost Proto-Drake enrages and gains the Wild Wrath buff. This causes Time-Lost Proto-Drake to gain speed and cast Fatal Bite, dealing 50% max health damage to his target.
/way Storm Peaks 31 69 Frozen Lake
/way Storm Peaks 51 71 Brunn Village
/way Storm Peaks 35 76 Waterfall
/way Storm Peaks 52 35 Ulduar Ravine
Blue = Frozen Lake Spawn
Red = Brunn Village Spawn
Yellow = Waterfall Spawn
Green = Ulduar Ravine Spawn
- The spawn time of Time-Lost Proto-Drake is estimated to be around 2-8 hours.
- Time-Lost Proto-Drake shares his spawn timer, spawn points and flight routes with Vyragosa, a dragon required for the Frostbitten achievement.
- Vyragosa spawns more often than Time-Lost Proto-Drake.
- Time-Lost Proto-Drake can be body pulled and has a 100 yards leash range.
You can target Time-Lost Proto-Drake and Vyragosa by using the macro below. If Time-Lost Proto-Drake is found, a sound will play.
/targetexact Time-Lost Proto-Drake
/run local N = UnitName("Target");if N and (N=="Time-Lost Proto-Drake") then PlaySound(13363);print(date(),N,"Found");SetRaidTarget("target",8);end
- Time-Lost Proto-Drake's and Vyragosa's bodies stay around for 30 minutes after being killed, but you can skin Vyragosa to speed up the process. Time-Lost Proto-Drake cannot be skinned.
- Once Time-Lost Proto-Drake's or Vyragosa's bodies disappears then you can safely take a 2 hour break from camping.
How to Camp Time-Lost Proto-Drake
If you are in a group of 4 or 5 people then every person can cover one spawn point each.
If you are camping by yourself then that might not be ideal as it's pretty difficult to cover all the spawn points. You can either camp at a single spawn point or fly laps as shown in the image below.
Tagging Time-Lost Proto-Drake
If you are in a party or want to share the Reins of the Time-Lost Proto-Drake with your friends then make sure that your party is in range of Time-Lost Proto-Drake before pulling him.
To safely tag Time-Lost Proto-Drake at least one person in the party should punch him without having any gear equipped. This way you will not lose the tag to another group or to the opposite faction.
The other people in the party can safely tag Time-Lost Proto-Drake without damaging it by using Red Rider Air Rifle, Fruit Basket or a non-damaging spell such as an interrupt or taunt. If Time-Lost Proto-Drake is still flying then you might want to use a Goblin Glider Kit or one of the abilities listed below in order to survive the fall.
You can enable the option "Auto Dismount in Flight" in Interface - Controls, as that will save you time by making your character automatically dismount before casting.
- Death Knights: Dark Command
- Demon Hunters: Torment + Glide
- Druids: Flight Form + Bear Form + Growl + Travel Form + Wild Charge
- Hunters: Counter Shot + Disengage
- Mages: Spellsteal + Slow Fall
- Monks: Provoke
- Paladins: Hand of Reckoning + Divine Shield
- Priests: Dispel Magic + Levitate
- Rogues: Kick
- Shamans: Wind Shear
- Warlock: Deathbolt or Spell Lock (Summon Felhunter + Grimoire of Sacrifice)
- Warriors: Taunt + Heroic Leap
- SilverDragon - This addon tracks rares and notifies you whenever a target has spotted.
- TomTom - This addon lets you create waypoints to any location on the map.
- Paste - This addon lets you paste unlimited-length text and commands.
You can find groups to camp Time-Lost Proto-Drake in game (Premade Groups - Custom) and in the WoW Secret Finding Discord. To get access to the looking for group channels you will have to select a region in the #get-a-role channel.
If you'd like to be notified of Time-Lost Proto-Drake groups you can also opt into the role by clicking on the Time-Lost Proto-Drake emoji under the "Rare Mounts" row in the same channel.
- Thanks to Strel and Ginali for the Time-Lost Proto-Drake updates from Patch 7.3.5 (100 yards leash range & enrage timer).
- Thanks to all the mount collectors and farmers for sending us feedback and updates about Time-Lost Proto-Drake every patch.
- Thanks to all the wonderful people that share mounts with other players.