Code.org® boost its mission to expand computer science education around the world.Introducing an adventurous new pet with an especially curious nature—Whomper the baby yeti! When you adopt him in-game or in his plushie form, you’ll be helping
As a part of Blizzard Entertainment’s ongoing quest to empower youth through STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, mathematics) education, we’re teaming up with Code.org for this year’s charity pet campaign.
When you purchase the in-game pet by December 31, 2018 either in the Blizzard Shop or from the in-game shop, we’ll donate 100% of the purchase price* to Code.org.
When Whomper wants to play, he'll let you know with a playful headbutt.
You can also purchase Whomper in a loveable plushie form on the Blizzard Gear Store, and every purchase made by December 31, 2018 will also help support Code.org.*
Code.org® is a nonprofit dedicated to expanding access to computer science in schools and increasing participation by women and underrepresented minorities. Our vision is that every student in every school has the opportunity to learn computer science, just like biology, chemistry, or algebra. Code.org provides the leading curriculum for K-12 computer science in the largest school districts in the United States and is now expanding internationally. Code.org organizes the annual Hour of Code campaign every December, which has engaged 10% of all students in the world.
Get Involved with Code.org
There are many ways to get involved with Code.org and help support their mission. You can try a one-hour tutorial designed for all ages and experience levels in over 45 languages, host an Hour of Code event for family and friends, volunteer in a classroom, or help translate a tutorial.
*Donation amount for in-game pet excludes chargebacks, refunds, and value added taxes (VAT) or other similar taxes paid. Donation amount for plushie excludes manufacturing and freight to warehouse costs, chargebacks, refunds, and any VAT or other similar taxes paid. Purchaser is responsible for applicable shipping costs.
The Day of the Dead is a small holiday where people remember and honor their departed loved ones and companions. Graves and gravesites are ornamented with flowers and offerings for the spirits.
Can you feel it?
The spirit world draws close during the Day of the Dead.
This is why we decorate the graves of our dearly departed with flowers and candles and offerings: To welcome them back, even if only for a time.
So come! Dance with me!
Let us cherish and honor those we have lost in their ghostly presence, so that they might eat and drink and smile and know that they are loved. – Catrina
When: November 1-3
Where: Graveyards of all Capital Cities
Don’t wait for your invitation to arrive and /dance with Catrina to take the form of a skeleton and earn the achievement https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=3456/dead-mans-party.
A little https://www.wowhead.com/item=46691/bread-of-the-dead can go a long way to restoring your health, so make sure to purchase the recipe from Chapman, who can also be found in Dalaran in the Broken Isles. He’s got a few other goodies that you can purchase to make it a truly festive holiday, so be sure to speak to him to see his wares.
You could be a contender and earn the achievement - https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=9426/to-the-afterlife - during this holiday by defeating a contender while wearing a contender’s outfit purchased during Day of the Dead.
- https://www.wowhead.com/item=46831/macabre-marionette: Reward from the quest https://www.wowhead.com/quest=14166/the-grateful-dead from Dalaran, Shattrath, or your race's capital city.
You can purchase the following toys from https://www.wowhead.com/npc=34382 in any of the capital cities near the graveyard.
These costumes allow you to use one of 3 random combat abilities against other people who are wearing one too, and complete some achievements.
- https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=3456/dead-mans-party: Use the /dance emote on https://www.wowhead.com/npc=34383/catrina, an NPC located near the graveyard in capital cities. You will get the achievement and a buff, https://www.wowhead.com/spell=65386/honor-the-dead which transforms you into an undead in ceremonial dress.
- https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=9426/to-the-afterlife, https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=9427/vientos and https://www.wowhead.com/achievement=9428/calavera is a progressive, 3-step achievement. You have to defeat 1, 20 and 50 contenders respectively while wearing one of the contender's costumes listed above. While wearing the costume, you will get a clickable Extra Action Button with one of three different abilities, at random. This ability will be rerolled everytime you use it, providing you with one of the three abilities at random again: https://www.wowhead.com/spell=172057/quick-punch, https://www.wowhead.com/spell=172602/strong-sweep#see-also-other, https://www.wowhead.com/spell=172603/jump-attack. You don't need to be in a duel, or even kill the opponent to get credit for the achievement. At low HP, you or your opponent will automatically surrender and give credit towards the achievement. You can also use the toys and complete those 3 achievements after Day of the Dead is over.
- https://www.wowhead.com/item=46861/bouquet-of-orange-marigolds: A bouquet of flowers you can transmogrify into your off-hand held item, only during the holiday.
- https://www.wowhead.com/item=46860/whimsical-skull-mask#comments: A skull mask you can transmogrify over your helmet, only during the holilday.
- https://www.wowhead.com/item=46710/recipe-bread-of-the-dead: Sold by https://www.wowhead.com/npc=34382 in any of the capital cities near the graveyard. Teaches you how to bake https://www.wowhead.com/spell=65454/bread-of-the-dead using 1 https://www.wowhead.com/item=30817/simple-flour and 1 https://www.wowhead.com/item=1179/ice-cold-milk. You can only bake it during the Day of the Dead, and you have to use a Ghostly Cooking Fire, near the vendor.
Treasure Hunting is a challenging and fun mini game in which players follow a trail of clues in order to find the hidden treasure. Today we are going to have a look at Wan'be's Buried Goods, one of the treasure hunts available for Horde players in Battle for Azeroth.
To start this treasure hunt you have to get the https://www.wowhead.com/item=163213/ghostly-explorers-skull from https://www.wowhead.com/npc=135804/hoarder-jena, the emissary vendor for the Voldunai.
Place the https://www.wowhead.com/item=163213/ghostly-explorers-skull on the floor anywhere and you will summon the spirit of Wan'be the Explorer. Speaking to him will open a dialogue window where he'll express his thoughts.
When we go'n ta visit somewhere nice?
This place look interestin.
Ooh, where we be today?
Tis a bit cold here isn't it? Or dat just me?
Dis place seems pleasant. I could haunt here.
https://www.wowhead.com/npc=143129/wanbe will also mention sometimes a thought or an anecdote that hints to a specific location in Azeroth. You'll have to take the skull to those locations and serve as a guide to Wan'be in his afterlife.
Step 1: The sabers in the snow
You ever see a saber in the snow? That be a crazy idea, snow that is.
You will have to take him to Winterspring, specifically to Frostsaber Rock, located at the northernmost part of the area, since this is where most of the snow sabercats live in Azeroth.
Once in Frostsaber Rock, summon him and you will be able to ask him "This what you had in mind?" and he will answer "I think I feel colder, that possible?".
Step 2: Biggest reptiles of all time
We got da' big reptiles in Zandalar, nun be big'r in all of time.
This time you'll have to take the skull to https://www.wowhead.com/npc=19934/zaladormu in the Caverns of Time, to prove https://www.wowhead.com/npc=143129/wanbe wrong, since Zaladormu is bigger than most dinosaurs in Zandalar. You will have to place the skull on the floor in front of Zaladormu, NOT on the platform he's laying on.
Once Wan'be appears, you can tell him "You were saying?" and he will say "That tis not a real reptile... Don't tell him I said that."
Step 3: The flooded desert racing track
You know, I almost setup a racing ring in Vol'dun. Me partner worried another cataclysm might put us under water and backed out. Plus we had no money, dey took it, when we exiled.
This hints towards a racing track in a desert, which was submerged underwater by the Cataclysm: the Raceway Ruins in Thousand Needles. You will find the Raceway Ruins under Fizzle and Pozzik's Speedbarge, the ship in the middle of the water.
You MUST summon the skull underwater to get the dialog, otherwise it won't work. Summon the skull, speak to Wan'be and click on "<You gesture around the area.>". Wan'be will then say "Ok, so it can hap'n... you be turning blue... and don't you be leav'n me here."
Step 4: Living in a volcano
Did I tell ya, I ov'r heard one of those charcoal half pints claim he lived in a volcano.
The hint this time points to Blackrock Mountain where Dark Iron dwarves live. You'll have to place the skull anywhere inside Blackrock Mountain and then speak to Wan'be "It's hot in here." and he'll say "I feel'n fine. Seems like a cozy place.".
Step 5: The buried goods
After all steps have been completed, you'll be able to have a long conversation with Wan'be, anywhere:
You have something you want to talk about?I have to admit, you be da best guide a skull could ask for.
Thanks, I guess...I feel I's owe you your deposit from way back. So I be lett'n you in on my buried goods.
Buried goods?Yeah, sometin I tucked away before they caught me. All you need ta do is find the tower just off the Rootway near the river in Nazmir. It be der at the foot.
After finishing the conversation, you will be able to find and loot https://www.wowhead.com/object=296454/wanbes-buried-goods. The hint is a bit misleading, since the goods aren't in Nazmir, but in Zuldazar, although very close to the river that separates one from the other.
You can use the following command with the TomTom addon installed to create a waypoint to the Buried Goods. Use the following command while in Zuldazar.
/way 63.61 9.82 Wan'be's Buried Goods
When you loot the goods you will receive 120 gold. https://www.wowhead.com/npc=143129/wanbe will appear one last time and say:
There, should even be enough for a tip!
Have you already collected this treasure? Then make sure to mark it in our Secrets Database!
Did you enjoy this treasure hunt? Want to see more? Then let us know on Twitter!
Blizzard has announced the schedule for new invasions in Island Expeditions. Each week a new type of invaders will be added to the pool, and you'll have a chance to earn cosmetic rewards which were previously unavailable such as https://www.wowhead.com/item=163584/twilight-avenger, https://www.wowhead.com/quest=53171/battered-twilight-scale and https://www.wowhead.com/item=164361/plundered-twinblade-of-the-tolvir.
As some players have noticed, we’ve been adding invasion-style events featuring new types of creatures to Island Expeditions every week. Aside from adding a little variety, these also give you a chance to earn different cosmetic rewards.
Here's a schedule for the remaining events which will be added each week over the next couple of months:
- Week of October 9: Water Elementals
- Week of October 16: Air Elementals
- Week of October 23: Black Dragons
- Week of October 30: Tol’vir
- Week of November 6: Twilight Dragons
- Week of November 13: Old Gods
We have updated our Island Expedition Rewards guide with this schedule, as well as the list of Island Denizens, Invaders, Common Creatures and their related cosmetic rewards.
Click on the image to check the guide!
The Tortollan Wedding is an event consisting entirely of Tortollan NPCs within a settlement just off the coast of Zuldazar.
/way 24.4 44.4 Tortollan Wedding
In the following article we investigate the Tortollan Wedding that might be tied to a secret, as this event may not be there just for immersion and completeness, but may be there for a purpose, which we have yet to uncover.
Click on the image to check the Tordollan Wedding!