The Secret Fish
Completing the achievement Secret Fish of Mechagon rewards you with the Secret Fish Goggles which allows you to find secret fish throughout Azeroth. Completing the achievement Secret Fish and Where to Find Them rewards you with the Hyper-Compressed Ocean toy, which creates a huge water sphere that you can fish in for 15 minutes.
Secret Fish of Mechagon
The Secret Fish of Mechagon achievement requires you to catch and deliver ten fish to Danielle Anglers.
Discord User Kiingy#2452 has made a map showing where to catch these fish within Mechagon. When you catch them you will auto-accept a quest to deliver that fish to Danielle Anglers.
Secret Fish and Where to Find Them
While you have the goggles on, a random fish will spawn within 40 yards of you every 30 seconds. Once you catch it there is a chance you will receive "a rare secret fish" that is required for the achievement.
You can find the following fish in any zone. There's no need to focus on these fish as you'll probably have them all by the time you're done with the others.
- Travelling Goby
- Unseen Mimmic
- Camouflaged Snark
- Collectable Saltfin
- Very Tiny Whale
- Invisible Smelt
- Deceptive Maw
- Inconspicuous Catfish
Tip: The best place to farm these fish is on top of one of the floating rocks in Nagrand (Outland). Stay near the edge on either side of the rock as shown in the picture below and the fish will spawn on the other side.
/way 60.7 91.2
Time Scheduled Fish
- Elusive Moonfish - Can only be caught during the night.
- Golden Sunsoaker - Can only be caught during the day.
You can find the following fish only while dead. Make sure to get the buff from the Secret Fish Goggles before falling down.
Tip: One of the best places to catch these fish is the floating island south of Dalaran (Broken Isles). Stay on the edge of the island and the fish will spawn around your character.
Zone Specific Fish
You can find the following fish only in specific zones throughout the world.
Note: Some fish may bug out and you might not be able to catch them, this issue has been reported for Neverest Pinnacle and Nordrassil. To fix it make sure you approach the zone on foot, without flying or riding a mount.
- Mechanized Mackerel - Mechagon
- Jade Story Fish - Jade Forest
- Kirin Tor Clown - Dalaran (Broken Isles & Northrend), including Margoss's Retreat and Underbelly
- Ancient Mana Fin - Astravar Harbor, coordinates 52.8 69.5 in Suramar. You can fish it upstairs to avoid the demons
- Drowned Goldfish - Drowned Lands from Deadwash, coordinates 46 53 in Stormsong Valley
- Barbed Fjord Fin - Howling Fjord
- Dead Fel Bone - Coordinates 34.5 76.5 in Krokuun
- Rotted Blood Cod - Coordinates 55.4 57.9 in Nazmir
- Prisoner Fish - Tol Barad (PvP Zone)
- Thunderous Flounder - Isle of Thunder
- Tortollan Tank Dweller - The Drunk Tank, the underwater bar under Anyport, coordinates 19.5 42.7 in Drustvar
- Queen's Delight - Nazjatar
- Displaced Scrapfin - This fish is caught in Mechagon's Alternate Future. To get to Mechagon's Alternate Future for the first time you will have to talk to Chromie at coordinates 70 31 in Mechagon when she is up as a daily visitor. If you've been to Mechagon's Alternate Future before and have obtained the Blueprint: Personal Time Displacer (random drop from npcs), then you can craft and use a Personal Time Displacer to travel to the alternate future of Mechagon.
- Green Roughy - This fish required the Painted Green buff from Mechagon. You can get it by walking over the green puddle from the Mechanocat Painting Station at coordinates 63 42 in Mechagon
- Thin Air Flounder - Neverest Pinnacle, coordinates 44.5 52.5 in Kun-Lai Summit
- Well Lurker - To catch this fish you have to swim down in the Nordrassil lake in Mount Hyjal
The Hyper-Compressed Ocean toy creates a huge water sphere that you can fish in for 15 minutes. The loot table for the fish is the same as the loot table for the zone in which you are using the toy.
We'd like to give a big shout-out to Discord User Kiingy#2452 for putting in hours of work and finding most of the secret fish on the Public Test Realm even before Patch 8.2 Rise of Azshara went live.