Introducing the World of Warcraft Community Council
Blizzard has announced the introduction of a new World of Warcraft Community Council.
Greetings, citizens of Azeroth –
The World of Warcraft community is second to none with the passion, love, and excitement you all show to the game. Player feedback impacts all aspects of the game, and with such a wide range of opinions, playstyles, and interests out there, gathering and understanding feedback is more important than ever.
To help further our efforts in this area, we’re introducing the WoW Community Council. This program will add another venue for communication between players and WoW developers. Our goal is to gather more detailed feedback on all aspects of World of Warcraft from players around the world with a wide range of backgrounds and interests.
Here's how it works:
- Submissions are open to any player interested in taking part in the program.
- Once players are selected, they’ll be given the ability to post in a new discussion forum that is publicly visible to everyone.
- In this new forum, we’ll ask members to share their experiences and perspectives on anything in the game, and some topics may be started by Blizzard developers and community managers.
- Responses and updates from Blizzard will be posted there so they can easily be discussed by the entire community.
- A private discussion will also be setup for Council members to encourage direct interaction between members.
- Separate conversations between smaller groups of members and Blizzard developers will be encouraged to ensure players with differing perspectives are being heard.
These may take the form of live chats between Council members and WoW devs.
One of the key goals with this program is to encourage discussion with players from a wide variety of different playstyles. To help ensure this, part of the application process will involve sharing your areas of interest and expertise. Whether it’s cutting-edge raiding, playing alts, completing achievements, accessibility, or collecting transmog, we want to know your perspective and ensure you’re heard. Therefore, after one year in the program, we plan to unflag Council members and open the application again. All WoW players will be free to apply at that point.
Please note: this program is focused on sharing current and past game experiences; it will not provide access to unannounced game information.
If this sounds like something you’d like to participate in, here is the submission link: https://forms.office.com/r/2BfVmv2d44
Please share this with any player who may be interested in this program and if you have any questions, please let us know.
Thanks for your time and feedback.
-The World of Warcraft Community Team