Fenryr Hunter Pet Guide
Fenryr from Halls of Valor can be tamed once you have defeated Hymdall and Fenyr completely solo, in the same instance lockout. This was originally a challenging tame, even at higher item levels during Legion Patch 7.2.
Halls of Valor
- Enter Halls of Valor alone on Mythic Difficulty.
- Mount up and run through the first trash packs and Feign Death when you are in front of Hymdall.
- Solo Hymdall, be sure to be careful of the drakes doing Storm Breath.
- Feign Death your way to Fenryr past the trash packs.
- Find Fenyr, attack him until he runs away.
- Mount up and run through to his main cave, feign death through the trash packs.
- Clear the wolves closest to Fenyr - you don’t have to kill every wolf in the area.
- Defeat Fenryr.
- If done correctly, the tameable version of Fenryr will spawn in his cave.
- The challenge is easiest done as Beast Mastery, with your pet tanking.
- Use a Bloodlust pet for Hymdall and Fenryr.
- Use food, flasks and potions.
- Don’t be afraid to take your time using Feign Death between packs or waiting for cooldowns on bosses.
- At least one healing or defensive legendary is necessary, such as Roots of Shaladrassil and Prydaz, Magnum Opus or the The Shadow Hunter’s Voodoo Mask.
- The higher your item level, the easier the challenge will be.
- For Fenryr, try to Misdirect the extra wolves to your pet to tank.
- If your pet dies, revive it and Misdirect and Feign Death.
- When Fenryr casts Scent For Blood, just stand still, or use Aspect of the Turtle.