Love is in the Air World Event Guide (February 12 – February 26)
Love is in the Air World Event is a Valentine's day-inspired holiday in World of Warcraft. It is themed around gifting presents and candy to your loved ones.
Something is in the air in the major cities of Azeroth. Many guards and townsfolk spend their days giving and receiving gifts to other amorous citizens.
Currents of conflict may be in the air once more between the Horde and Alliance, but there’s time enough for love during the Love is in the Air holiday event.
When: February 12–February 26
Where: Orgrimmar (Horde) and Stormwind (Alliance)
Currency: Love Tokens
During this holiday, you will be able to use the Dungeon Finder tool to queue for a fight against the Crown & Chemical Co. Apothecaries. This will reward you once a day with a Heart-Shaped Box, which can contain various rewards. Characters with a level lower than 110 will receive a Heart-Shaped Carton instead, which cannot contain mounts, pets or toys.
The main vendor for this event will be the Lovely Merchant, located in each of the capital cities of both factions.
Lovely Charm Bracelets and Love Tokens
While Love is in the Air World Event is up, you will need to get Love Tokens to purchase items from the vendor. You can get Love Tokens from completing the daily quests given by the representatives of Crown Chemical Co. in each of the capital cities, and from the daily dungeon reward mentioned above, the Heart-Shaped Box.
Apart from that, you can obtain an endless supply of Love Tokens with enough time and patience. Here's how to do it:
- First you have to obtain the Lovely Charm Collector's Kit by grabbing one of the daily quests from Kwee Q. Peddlefeet, in any of your faction's capital cities
- With the Kit in your inventory, defeating any enemy that provides experience or honor (with some exceptions) has a chance to give you a Lovely Charm.
- Combining 10 Lovely Charms will create a Lovely Charm Bracelet
- You will then be able to exchange each Bracelet for 1 Love Token
Where to farm Lovely Charms
The best places to farm Lovely Charms are those with massive amounts of low HP enemies that are in your level range.
Since all the rewards below are account-wide we recommend you farm on a class that can constantly pull mobs with AoE damage from a distance. The ideal classes for this type of farming are Death Knights, Druids, Hunters and Warriors.
Here are a few great spots where you should farm. We have ordered them from best to worse, but the amount of Lovely Charms that you'll get also depends on your class. If you find more awesome spots then let us know on Twitter.
Level 120 Farming Spots
- Moonclaw Vale in Val'sharah
- Eye of Azshara Dungeon
- Karazhan Dungeon
- Gloaming Reef - Murlocs and Makrura
Level 110 Farming Spots
- The Everbloom Dungeon
2019 Love is in the Air Holiday Updates
- Heart-Shaped Box which can contain the Big Love Rocket now drops only for characters level 110 and above.
- Characters below 110 will receive a Heart-Shaped Carton instead, which cannot contain mounts, pets or toys.
The annual holiday, Love is in the Air, begins on February 12 and ends part way through the day on February 26. For this, we are applying a hotfix that makes it so only characters who are level 110 or higher will be eligible daily to receive the box that contains the most-rare items from this event’s bosses (for the last two years it’s been set to level 98). You will also see this reflected in the next official Hotfixes update post.
As a result of this, if you are hunting the Big Love Rocket you will want to get characters to at least level 110 for the event.
Good luck collection hunters!
- Swift Lovebird - Purchased from Lovely Merchant in your faction's capital cities for 270 Love Tokens
- Big Love Rocket - Drops from the Heart-Shaped Box
- Toxic Wasteling - Drops from the Heart-Shaped Box
- Truesilver Shafted Arrow - Purchased for 40 Love Tokens
- Lovebird Hatchling - Purchased for 40 Love Tokens
- Peddlefeet's Lovely Hearthstone - New toy in 2019! Purchased for 150 Love Tokens
- Love Boat - Purchased for 270 Love Tokens
- Romantic Picnic Basket - Purchased for 10 Love Tokens
- Sturdy Love Fool - Purchased for 200 Love Tokens
- The Heartbreaker - Drops from the Heart-Shaped Box
- True Love Prism - Reward from They Really Love Me! (check below to learn how to complete it)
Fool For Love
Fool For Love is the meta achievement for this event, and will reward you with The Love Fool title. These are the achievements you have to complete to obtain it:
- Flirt With Disaster
- Dangerous Love
- Nation of Adoration
- Sweet Tooth
- My Love is Like a Red, Red Rose
- The Rocket's Pink Glare
- Fistful of Love
- Be Mine!
- I Pitied The Fool
To obtain this achievement you have to create 12 Lovely Charm Bracelets. This is covered extensively in the top section of this guide.
For this achievement you will have to follow certain steps in a specific order to obtain it:
- Buy enough alcohol to get completely smashed. You can also use some of the toys from Pandaria or the Brewfest if you have them.
- Buy any Perfume (NOT Cologne) and a Handful of Rose Petals from the Lovely Merchant
- Find Jeremiah Payson in Undercity (Horde)/Sraaz in Ironforge (Alliance)
- Get completely drunk
- Use the perfume on yourself
- Use the Handful of Rose Petals on Jeremiah/Sraaz
- Use the /kiss emote on Jeremiah/Sraaz, and the achievement is yours!
For this achievement you have to complete each of the Gift daily quests in each of your faction's capital cities. The quests require you to create a Lovely Charm Bracelet for each of your faction's leaders. Creating the Bracelets is covered extensively in the top portion of this guide.
All the chocolates for this achievement can be obtained by opening a Box of Chocolates, which you can buy from the Lovely Merchant for 10 Love Tokens. Keep in mind that a single box may not contain all the chocolates for the achievement, but you should be able to complete it in less than 3 boxes.
Note: You might want to check the "Lonely?" achievement before eating a Buttermilk Delight if you only have 1, as it is required for both achievements.
The Bouquet of Red Roses and the Bouquet of Ebon Roses can be obtained from certain bosses of Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm dungeons. There is conflicting information on which dungeons, difficulties and bosses have a 100% drop chance for these items, but The Stonecore in Deepholm on both Normal and Heroic modes, seem to be the safest bet.
To complete this achievement you need to follow certain steps in a specific order:
- Obtain and learn the Romantic Picnic Basket toy from the Lovely Vendor. It costs 10 Love Tokens.
- Buy and open Box of Chocolates until you get a Buttermilk Delight. You can buy the boxes from the Lovely Merchant for 10 Love Tokens.
- Find another player that wants to help out. You can both get the achievement in one go if you both meet the requirements. The Achievements Discord is a great place to find other people to do achievements.
- Go to Northrend Dalaran (Broken Isles Dalaran won't do it) and use the Picnic Basket.
- Both players should now click on the Picnic Basket to sit down. Using the /sit command doesn't work.
- Wait for both players to obtain the Romantic Picnic buff.
- Eat your Buttermilk Delight and the achievement is yours! Note that only the player who wants the achievement needs to eat the chocolate, although both can obtain it as long as both players eat the chocolate.
For this achievement you need to shoot 10 Love Rocket in 20 seconds or less. You can buy the rockets in stacks of 5 from the Lovely Merchant, for 5 Love Tokens per stack. It is recommended that you drag the item to your hotbar and use a keybind to use them to avoid going too slow.
To obtain this achievement you will have to find every race/class combo listed on the achievement, and use a Handful of Rose Petals on them.
You can use them on yourself if you meet the required class/race combination. Level 1 characters can be used to complete this, so having another player helping out makes it very easy. Once again, the Achievements Discord is useful to find people to do the achievement.
The Bag of Heart Candies needed for the achievement can be bought from the Lovely Merchant for 2 Love Tokens. Each bag has 10 charges, and every charge has a chance to create a different Heart Candy. You'll have to buy a few bags if you're not lucky on the first one.
This achievement requires you to use a Love Fool in 5 specific locations, and /pity them. You will have to buy 5 different Fools, as they have only 1 charge per item. You can NOT use the Sturdy Love Fool as a replacement. The locations are:
- Wintergrasp: Located in Northrend. You can place the Fool anywhere except inside the fortress, as it will instantly disappear and waste it.
- Arathi Basin Blacksmith: You will have to queue for a Battleground in Arathi Basin, and then head to the Blacksmith area. As long as your map says "Blacksmith" you're good.
- Naxxramas: Located in Dragonblight, Northrend. You will have to enter the instance and use the Fool anywhere inside. The area around the summoning stone will not count for the achievement.
- Battle Ring of Gurubashi Arena: Located in Stranglethorn Valley, southern Eastern Kingdoms. You will have to drop down to the PvP-only area for it to count for the achievement.
- The Culling of Stratholme: Located in the Caverns of Time, Tanaris. You will have to enter the instance to place the Fool. Anywhere inside works.
These are the achievements that aren't part of Fool For Love, but still belong to the Love is in the Air holiday:
For this achievement you need to loot a Lovely Black Dress from the Lovely Dress Box. It's a 1 in 4 chance, so it might take you a few tries. Each box costs 20 Love Tokens. Buying the dress from the Auction House won't grant you the achievement, you must loot it from the box.
To obtain this achievement you need to finish the event dungeon, Crown & Chemical Co. Apothecaries and loot one of the necklaces they drop. The necklaces drop from the bosses themselves and not the daily reward, allowing you to queue unlimited times until you get it. Once you get the necklace, you have to equip it, wait for its cooldown, and use it. Since it's a necklace, you don't need to loot the one specific for your class/role.
To get this achievement you will need someone else to use Manufactured Love Prism on you until you have 10/25/50 charges of Love Ray on you. You can purchase the Love Prism from the Lovely Merchant for 40 Love Tokens. The Love Prism has a 30 second cooldown, and the Love Ray buff lasts 5 minutes. This was changed in 6.2 from a 1 minute CD and 10 sec duration, making this achievement much easier to obtain now.
Getting more people to do this achievement speeds it up quite a bit. The Achievements Discord can help with finding more players.
- Timeworn Heirloom Scabbard - Purchased for 450 Love Tokens.
- Ancient Heirloom Scabbard - Purchased for 200 Love Tokens.
During this event you will also be able to spend your extra Love Tokens on other holiday-flavoured goodies. Here's what you can buy:
- Silver Shafted Arrow - Purchased for 5 Love Tokens.
- Bag of Heart Candies - Purchased for 2 Love Tokens.
- Handful of Rose Petals - Purchased for 2 Love Tokens.
- Love Fool - Purchased for 10 Love Tokens.
- Box of Chocolates - Purchased for 10 Love Tokens.
- Manufactured Love Prism - Purchased for 40 Love Tokens.
- Peddlefeet's Buffing Creme - Purchased for 1 Love Tokens.
- Love Rocket - Purchased for 5 Love Tokens.
- "VICTORY" Perfume - Purchased for 1 Love Tokens.
- "Enchantress" Perfume - Purchased for 1 Love Tokens.
- "Forever" Perfume - Purchased for 1 Love Tokens.
- "Bravado" Cologne - Purchased for 1 Love Tokens.
- "Wizardry" Cologne - Purchased for 1 Love Tokens.
- "STALWART" Cologne - Purchased for 1 Love Tokens.
- Lovely Rose - Purchased for 5 Love Tokens.